2932 Fulton Ave, Sacramento, CA | Directions 9582138.618398 -121.401382
Neighborhoods: Arden - Arcade, Arden-Arcade
Bad Service – I have dined at the fulton ave bobo's many times. I have found the food to be decent, and inexpensive.
However, I will not be back. The service there is always so bad; it's just not worth it. My most recent visit was the worst. It went like this:
• We arrived an hour before closing time. 35 minutes later, we were being pushed out the door. (It was a quiet weeknight, with only a few other customers there.)
• The old man who served us got the order wrong.
• When taking our order, he impolitely advised us what to select.
• He also forgot our drinks, which we didn’t realize until the meal was over.
• Our water glasses ran dry, and were ignored for the rest of the meal.
• The check was unceremoniously deposited on our table before the meal was even half finished.
• The waiter sat next to our booth and proceeded to have a very loud and annoying telephone conversation in Vietnamese.
• The background music was turned off midway through our meal, leaving us to listen to the lovely sounds of the kitchen & dishwasher.
• At the end of the meal, my partner saved half of her entrée, and placed into a to-go container. As soon as we had stepped out the front door we realized that we had forgotten the container. We turned around, banged on the locked door, and watched through the glass as the waiter ignored us and threw away the container.
not so good – got fast to go sevice but the food seems a couple hours old and burnt . i had better service when i ate in but this time it really dissapponted. the portoin size was to small in comperison to the price and the meat was very dry.
Vietmanese fast but bland food. – Bobo Cafe has gotten some good press. But when you check the details, it was several years ago. The service is abrupt. You are advised what you should order. I guess they believe it may be cute. The same overcooked chicken is used in every chicken dish. Anything called " lemon grass " does not have a hint of lemon grass. The rice paper rolls are gummy. Not at all like the delicious ones at Lemon Grass Restaurant. And all of the entress arrive in less than 5 minutes indicating that none are prepared to order. Spice is non-exsistant unless you add your own. There are so many other good Vietnamese restaurants in the city. Bobo Cafe is resting on past reviews.
One of the WORST meals I have ever had – We ordered a crispy crepe. It is a crepe with chicken, bean sprouts and some miscellaneous ingredients. The size impressed us as it was large. My first bite, where is the flavor? The crepe was sort of crunchy. After adding some hot sauce it was OK.
Next was lemon grass chicken, but our server kept saying Kung Pao chicken which is #45. This went on for 30 seconds and we decided to trust the waiter. We got was overcooked chicken in a sauce which was much too thick and a cross between Kung Pao and a cream with tomato sauce. No lemon grass to be seen or tasted.
Moving on the the last dish, beef, chicken, shimp, vegestables on crispy noodles. The same chicken that was used to make the previous dish appeared again. Tough, dry, and had the same flavor as the previously mentioned dish.
Disappointed – I took a friend from out of town to try this restaurant because I have read rave reviews about it. I was extremely disappointed with the service. The waiter was abrupt. There were hardly anyone in the restaurant. I didn't see any Vietnamese people in it except for the workers. That should have been a big clue that this was not a good place to try. The food was cold except for the soup. The BBQ lemongrass beef was so bland that I had to add the spicy chili sauce to give it some flavor. It smelled better than it tasted. The fried calamari was a joke. It was more batter than calamari. In some instances, I couldn't even find the calamari in the batter. In conclusion, I would not go back to that restaurant. Andy Nguyen's on Folsom is far superior.
Take out heaven – Love the healthy food with lots of flavor. Quick and ready to go when I get there. Use them for lunch or dinner while working nearby.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Bobo Cafe on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.